Social media should be an essential component of any brand’s marketing strategy. Whatever the size and scope of your business, implementing an effective social media strategy will support your broader objectives. For most startups and SMEs managing social media on a budget is a necessity.
Whilst it is true that businesses are spending more and more on social media, there is no such thing as a recommended social media budget. Every company has different value propositions, resources, and priorities.
There are plenty of ways you can spend money on social media marketing to generate ROI.
Social Media Costs
1. Content creation – photography, videography, graphic design, production, actors/models/voiceover artists, copywriting, translation etc.
2. Software and tools – SEO and keyword research, content hosting, editing tools, project management systems, social media management platform, marketing automation, analytical tools etc.
4. Paid campaigns – competitions, promotions, giveaways, influencer campaigns, co-branded campaigns etc.
5. Management – community managers, outsourcing management, scheduling tools, etc.
6. Training – courses and workshops.
SOCIAL MEDIA ON A BUDGET
Entrepreneurs and marketers on a shoestring budget need not worry though. It is possible to build a powerful social media presence without spending any money at all.
Avocado Social has been helping entrepreneurs, marketers and others, manage their brand’s social media on a tight budget for the last 5 years.
There are a few essential elements to master;
- Learn how to define your brand and tone of voice in social media.
- Learn how to optimise your social channels.
- Understand how to create a winning social media strategy.
- Understand how to create key content themes for your social media.
- Learn growth tactics to boost your community and engagement.
- Discover how to measure success and ROI.
A clear understanding of these best practices, strategies, and actionable steps will enhance your social media brand without spending any money (just your time).
For additional free help and support why not join the Avocado Social Media Hub on Facebook.