As most of us head on our holidays, we thought it would be useful to put together a list of our top recommended social media summer reading. Here are our recommended blogs, resources and podcasts to have a read of and listen to.
- The first on our social media summer reading list is perfect for those wanting their social media to work a little harder for your business. If your key objective is to build brand awareness (and therefore engagement and followers) then 12 Ways to Boost Brand Awareness on Social Media is a great checklist to run through, from Sprout Social. There are lots of quick fixes and tweaks to apply to your strategy which can be implemented immediately – our kind of recommendations!
2. We are huge fans of the Science of Social Media, a weekly podcast by Buffer. The show presenters have a great style of explaining social media features and proven tips in a clear and engaging way, and often there are some great guests and topics covered. The most recent episode covers 6 old school marketing tactics that still work like a charm on social media. Great poolside listening! We would seriously recommend listening back to previous episodes of the podcast too, such as How the Instagram Algorithm Actually Works, and 11 Content Creation Hacks.
3. The social media platforms are facing a huge battle again fake users and spambots at the moment. It’s worrying how easy it is to buy fake followers and to use bots to create fake engagement on your social media profiles. Is it worth it? What are the risks? Are the social media platforms doing anything to stop this? It’s good to have an understanding of fake followers, so we put together a blog covering 10 things you need to know about fake followers.
4. Are you thinking about investing in social media adverts to expand your reach? Have a read of our Introduction to Social Media Advertising resource to find out more about buying sponsored Facebook adverts, Instagram adverts and gain key strategic advice. We run regular workshops that cover social media advertising which you can find out about on our events page.
5. Finally — another podcast. We are huge fans of the Spectacular Marketing Podcast, which is a great resource for anyone working in the food, drink or hospitality industries. There is actually so much great advice, a marketer from any industry would be interested in the cast! Have a listen to the latest episode featuring coffee expert Anya Marco, one of the UK’s leading authorities on UK coffee trends. We were also chuffed to be invited onto the podcast to discuss 2018 social media trends including algorithms and influencers.