Here at Avocado Social we absolutely love Facebook and Instagram Stories Stickers. Easy to use and interact with, they’re a super simple and fun way to engage with an audience. So, if you haven’t experimented with using Stickers in your Stories yet, now’s the time to start! In this blog post we’ll show you how to add Facebook and Instagram Stories Stickers and share a few creative ideas to get you started.
ADDING A STICKER
To start, you’ll need to create a normal Instagram Story by either taking or uploading a video or photo. Then, tap on the little sticker icon in the top right-hand corner (it looks like a folder post it note). This opens the Sticker menu. Instagram staggers the release of new stickers so you may not have all of the ones in the screenshot (we’re still waiting on music and donation!)
While it’s great to experiment with all of the Stickers, we highly recommend starting with Emoji Sliders, Polls and Questions. The first two offer your audience really easy ways to engage with your content – either by sliding an emoji to show their opinion or by participating in a poll. The Question Sticker allows your followers to submit a question or answer. You can then feature and respond to it in a future Story. This is great if you’d like to run a Q&A or ask for people’s ideas and feedback.
Adding a Sticker to your Story is really easy. Simply tap the Sticker you’d like to use in the menu, add a question if it prompts you to, and then position it in your Story. You can pinch to resize, but make sure you don’t make it too small to read!
Then you can go ahead and post the Story as normal. If you’d used the Question Sticker, you’ll be able to see responses by swiping up from the bottom of your Story once it’s live.
If you’re just starting out with Stickers, we recommend using a few of our simple tried-and-tested creative strategies.
- The Emoji Slider is really easy one to begin with: simply choose something that is likely to elicit a positive response from your audience (for example, ‘How excited are you for our new release?’) and select a happy emoji (the heart, a smiley face, etc).
- Use the Question Sticker to run a weekly ‘Ask Me Anything’ hour. Each week you could choose a different theme, or you could leave it open to your followers to ask what they’d like. Either way, make sure to promote the hour beforehand and then save the Stories to a Story Highlight afterwards.
- Use the Poll Sticker to let your followers vote for their favourite thing. For example, if you’re an Interior Designer you could share two colour palettes and ask your audience to choose which one they prefer.
- Challenge your followers by using the Quiz sticker to ask them questions. This would work particularly well if you regularly share your expertise via Instagram Stories. The Sticker could be used to ‘test your knowledge’ after you’ve shared your insight.
- The Countdown Sticker can be used to (you guessed it) count down to an event or product launch – simple!