Facebook Business Manager is the ultimate control centre for a brand’s Facebook and Instagram activity. It brings Pages, Ads, Audiences, Catalogues, Billing, Users, Pixels (…the list goes on!) together under one roof. Sounds great, right? So, if you haven’t created your Facebook Business Manager up, we recommend getting it sorted pronto! In this blog, we’ll guide you through the steps you need to take to get it up and running.
INITIAL SET UP
- Make sure you are logged into Facebook with the account connected to your business Facebook Page
3. Click on Create Account in the top right-hand corner.
4. A pop-up box like the one below will appear. In this box you need to include your business details. Input the name of your business into the Your business and account name field and your name into the Your name Facebook will send notification emails (including invoices) to the email address you enter in the Your business email address field, so make sure to include one you regularly check.
5. You will then be shown another pop up requesting your business details. Don’t worry about using your home address if you’re a home-based business; this won’t be shown publicly if you don’t want it to be.
6. Finally, you’ll be taken to a page that looks like this. This is your Business Manager!
ADD YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE
The next thing we need to do is connect your Facebook Page.
- Click Add Page in the Page box in the bottom left-hand corner. You’ll then need to choose to Add a Page you own.
2. Search for your Business Name by typing in the Facebook Page name or URL box. This should bring up your Business Page in a drop-down list. If it doesn’t, just paste the URL of your Page into the box to find it.
3. Once you’ve selected your Page, click Add Page. You should then be shown a confirmation box. Click ‘close’ to end the setup process.
CREATE AN AD ACCOUNT
Next, we need to set up your Facebook Ads Account. This is where you will control your Facebook advertising campaigns from.
1. In Business Manager, click Add Ad Account in the Ad Account box.
2. Then, select Create Ad Account in the Create a new ad account section of the pop up (it’s the third option).
3. Next, you’ll be asked to input an Ad account name (use the name of your business). Facebook defaults to using USD as the selected currency, so make sure to change this to GDP. Don’t worry about adding a payment method yet – we’ll add that later.
4. Once you’ve added those details click Create Ad Account. You may get shown a pop-up which asks you to add People to your account. Don’t worry about this – you would have automatically been added. Simple click off of it to continue.
Once you’ve created your Ad Account it will appear in your Business Manager above your Page.
ADD YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
You’ll need to use a slightly different method to add your Instagram account.
- Click the ‘Business Manager’ link in the top left-hand corner. This will open a drop-down menu with 2-4 options.
2. Click ‘All Tools’ to open up the full menu. This will look something like the image below; don’t worry if you don’t have all of the options shown in the screenshot
3. Click the ‘Business Settings’ link in the ‘Settings’ column. This will open a screen that looks like the one below.
4. Click ‘Instagram Accounts’ in the left-hand column. A Page will appear on the right-hand side that says you currently don’t have any Instagram accounts. Click the ‘+Add’ button below this.
5. A pop up will appear asking you to log into your Instagram account.
6. Once you’ve entered your details, you may be asked to covert your Instagram profile to a Business profile. Follow the instructions in this pop up to do so.
7. You’ll then be asked which Facebook Page you’d like to connect your Instagram account too. Select the Page that you’ve just added to your Business Manager and then click continue.
8. Finally, you’ll be asked to connect your Instagram account to an Ads Account. Select the account you’ve just created to complete the set up.
ADD YOUR BILLING DETAILS
The final thing to do is add a payment method to your account.
- Open up your Business Manager menu again by clicking the drop down in the top left-hand corner.
2. This time, you need to look for ‘Billing’. It should be in the final column, but sometimes Facebook moves it around.
3. This will open up your Settings for your Ads Account. Click ‘Payment Settings’ in the right-hand corner.
4. Then click Add Payment Method and input your card details. Then click
And that’s it! You’re now ready to start controlling your Facebook and Instagram accounts via Business Manager.