Effective from 1st January 2018
Last updated 26th March 2018
This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly via avocadosocial.com or via email. This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this Website or via email. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 our data controller is Avocado Social Ltd. For any enquiries or requests regarding data collection please email email@example.com.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
a) Information you provide to us:
You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the ‘Contact’ form you report a problem with our site.
b) Information we may collect about you:
When you visit our website(s) we may automatically collect and process details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by an organisation to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit.
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help material.
3. Information we receive from other sources
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary equipment required to run the service and may receive information about you from them. Specifically: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, SendOwl, Paypal and MailChimp. This may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
4. How is your information used?
We may use your information to help fulfil our services, to:
- Provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We may use your information for marketing, to:
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them, which may be based on your activity on our website.
5. Storing your personal information
Avocado Social collects data and stores it. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
8. Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
9. Contacting us
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.